Teaching Ideas

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pictures!

Just got back from Playa Penca- the pretty swimming beach in town. I stopped in the office for a moment and it started pouring rain and still is pouring so I put up the first pictures I took here. Here are some pictures of Alajuela and a tour of Portero. 



This is the main square in Alajuela, where I stayed the first night I arrived in Costa Rica.

Main church in Alajuela

 Plaza in Alajuela (taken from inside the church. I didn't want to take my camera out on the plaza.)

Street in Alajuela

My room in the hostel in Alajuela

First view of the beach from the shuttle. Gulf of the Nicoya Penisula where I am staying.


First lunch on my own at my host family's house.

The front of my house.

Looking one way down the road from my house.

Looking the other way toward the town.

Unlucky frog on the road. Flashlight is in my bag so I don't step on frogs at night!


Neighbor's banana trees on my walk to the center of town.

Walking into town with the soccer field- the main area in town.

Soccer field


The Abriendo Mentes office

Where the office is located.

The Salon Comunal- where some of the classes are held.



Portero Beach- not where people go swimming but the closest. It is right by the Salon Comunal and the soccer field in the middle of town.

Pelican for Patten!

Big bird on my first beach walk.

Portero beach

This is where I would walk or run on the beach. It's a 45 minute walk to Flamingo.

Flamingo is across the water. It's a bigger touristy town.



Walking back to Portero Beach.

Fun Friday kitemaking in the Salon.



The computer lab in the office where I can get internet.

Lizard in my house.




3 comments:

  1. Nice photos! Any geckos on the walls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amara! Love the pictures! I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No geckos on the walls. I hope it stays that way!

    Thanks, Abi! I hope you have a great time in China too!

    ReplyDelete