Teaching Ideas

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pictures from my trip

I'm back in Portrero after being gone for exactly 2 weeks. It was a great adventure, but I'm happy to be back in one place and without people waking me up at 4am in my hostel dorm rooms. I've been to the beach both days I've been back too...only 2 more weeks here so I need to enjoy the beach as much as I can! I

Here is a recap of where I was the last two weeks.

Picture time!

Plaza in Heredia. Lots of pigeons!


Post Office in Heredia
 

El Fortin- old Spanish fortress in Heredia

Church in Heredia

Gold Museum- gold pieces found in tombs in Costa Rica
 


Random feline exhibit in the Gold Museum. It showed all of the different cats in Costa Rica
 

Gold Museum exhibit on money of Costa Rica
 

Plaza de la Cultura, San Jose

 National Theater at Plaza de la Cultura, San Jose


National Museum, San Jose

Pretty building on a pedestrian street, San Jose
 

Mysterious stone spheres found in Costa Rica
 

National Museum, San Jose in background
 

National Museum- another stone sphere

National Museum Butterfly Garden
 

Case Rideway- Quaker hostel I stayed at for a night in San Jose

Casa Rideway street

Casa Ridgeway window
 

Santa Elena Reserve Monteverde
 

Hiking in the reserve
 





Took lots of picture of plans since I was there for an extra two hours after my hiking companions had to leave



BIG centipede!







Bug on a leaf in the rainforest

Shiny leaf at night in Monteverde



Monteverde hostel- my favorite hostel!

Inside hang out place

Balcony at hostel

Hostel hammocks!

 

View from balcony of hostel



Almost went to see the frogs, but I just walked outside instead

Hostel balcony
 

Adorable lost puppy in the hostel
 

So little!

I wanted to take it home with me!

2 comments:

  1. Awww… The poor lost puppy is so cute! You took amazing pictures! The architecture of the buildings is amazing. Not to mention all that gold in the museum is pretty cool. I love the view from your balcony! The rainforests of Costa Rica is really something to brag about by their country.

    Katy Desroches

    ReplyDelete
  2. The architecture of the landmarks are amazing! The design is so intricate and detailed. Your view of the rainforest is just wonderful! I think it’s great that Costa Rica has preserved them well. I hope it remains that way for many more years.

    Gregoria Loth

    ReplyDelete